- 1 Email is still king
- 2 Context is everything
- 3 A/B tests are more important than ever
- 4 Personalization done right
- 5 Ditch long-copy email marketing and focus on landing pages
- 6 Mobile-optimized email marketing campaigns to increase clicks and conversions
- 7 Gamify to increase engagement and drive results
- 8 Visuals are the future of email marketing trends
- 9 Optimize email content for voice search
- 10 Automation is crucial to business growth
- 11 Conclusion
Email marketing is a low-cost channel that can build relationships with your audience and convert them into paying customers. With this in mind, we’ve compiled a list of Email marketing trends you should keep an eye out for in 2023:
Email is still king
Email has been the most effective marketing channel for quite a while now, and it’s not going anywhere soon. Email marketing remains an effective way to connect with customers, build relationships with them, and reach them where they are–in their inboxes.
Context is everything
The most important part of email marketing is context, which is why email marketing still works.
It’s what makes your emails relevant to your customer and tells them what they can expect from you, what you stand for, and why they should buy from you over anyone else who might be selling similar products or services.
A/B tests are more important than ever
As a part of Email marketing trends, it’s vital to understand how your audience responds to different content and design styles. A/B testing allows you to see what works best for your audience without guessing or assuming anything–you can just test it out!
Here are some tips on how to set up an effective A/B test:
- Choose a few variables that could affect engagement with your emails (for example, subject line length). Then send two versions of each email at the same time and compare the results after a couple of days. This will help you figure out which variable works best for getting clicks from readers in general while also providing insight into what kind of content they respond well too (or not).
- Keep track of when you run these tests so that they only overlap with each other a little; otherwise, there won’t be enough data available from each one before moving onto another one!
Personalization done right
Email is a personal medium, and, as such, and that’s why your emails should be tailored to each individual reader. Personalization can be achieved by using customer data such as location and interests to add contextually relevant content to their inboxes. If you need help with how best to use this information, check out our guide on how businesses can improve their email marketing campaigns with personalization techniques!
Ditch long-copy email marketing and focus on landing pages
This one is our favorite for Email marketing trends. Long-copy emails are not effective. They’re long, they’re boring and they need to convert better. Instead of writing long-copy emails, focus on creating landing pages with a higher conversion rate than email marketing campaigns.
The average conversion rate for an email campaign is 1%. That means out of 100 people who open your email message and click through to your website, only one will purchase or take action on any offer you’re trying to promote (like signing up for your newsletter). Compare that with a landing page conversion rate of 6% – 10%! And if we look at just organic search traffic from Google alone:
- Search engine optimization (SEO) converts better than PPC ads because it has a lower cost per click
- Landing pages convert better than blog posts because they focus on one topic.
Mobile-optimized email marketing campaigns to increase clicks and conversions
Email marketing is a great way to drive traffic to your website, but if you optimize the emails for mobile devices, you get all the potential traffic. To make sure that people viewing your emails on their phones can easily click through from the email into your landing page or other content (and thus convert), try these tips:
- Use responsive design in all of your emails so they adjust themselves depending on what device is being used to view them. You’ll also want to ensure that each email has its responsive version as well–don’t serve up one big file with multiple images embedded in it! That way, people won’t have trouble seeing any particular image in their inboxes.
- Use a mobile-optimized landing page when sending an offsite link via an SMS message using Twilio or another service provider.
- Ensure all text within each message is easy enough for readers using smaller screens while reading through their inboxes.
- Stick with single-column layouts so everything fits neatly without having too many columns competing for attention at once (which can confuse).
- Also, consider using large font sizes throughout each message; this will help make sure text remains legible even if it’s viewed from afar, away from where someone might normally stand when looking at something close up like this would require them doing so such as sitting down next to someone else who has their computer screen opens up nearby them etcetera…
Gamify to increase engagement and drive results
Gamification is a way to motivate people to take action, and it can be used to increase engagement and drive results.
- Build a rewards program that encourages repeat customers
- Create a loyalty program that rewards customers based on their spending history or other activities (such as referring friends)
- Offer discounts on future purchases for those who complete certain actions
Visuals are the future of email marketing trends
Visuals help you tell a story, drive emotion, and create actionable steps for your readers. You can use visuals in several ways:
- To tell the story behind your brand or product (e.g., what it looks like, who uses it)
- To show how something works (e.g., how someone uses your product)
- To create an emotional connection between your reader and what they’re reading about (e.g., by showing happy customers using your service)
Optimize email content for voice search
The future of search is voice. Consumers are increasingly using their voices to interact with the internet. This trend will only continue to grow as more people buy smart speakers like the Amazon Echo or Google Home.
Optimizing your emails for voice search requires two things: thinking about how people might use their voices instead of typing on a keyboard; then testing different ways of phrasing content so it works better when spoken aloud
Automation is crucial to business growth
Automation can help you scale your business, make it more efficient and generate more leads. Automation tools allow you to save time by automating repetitive tasks, helping you reach more people through email marketing campaigns and generating more sales leads from existing customers.
In 2016, sent email numbers were roughly 200 billion; by 2023, it’s predicted to reach 245 billion per day. That’s a lot of emails!
Email marketing is still one of the most effective ways to reach customers and drive results. It’s also excellent to build relationships with your audience by providing value through content. If you want to learn more about how email marketing trends can grow your business, contact us today for a free 30-minute consultation!